Tennis is not just a fun type of sport, but a healthy one as well. This sport has been played for several years but its popularity still remains. Tennis can even be played in different courts such as clay surfaces, grass courts and tennis acrylic surfaces. With the many benefits this sport offers, players are not just limited to adults; in fact, many parents encourage their children to take up tennis lessons and to turn the sport into a hobby.
Health Benefits of Tennis to Children
Tennis is a highly recommended sport for both adults and children because of its numerous benefits to the human body. When the proper techniques and stance are learned, one can develop this sport into a means of recreation and relaxation. So if you want your child to engage in tennis, then you can install an artificial turf or tennis acrylic surfaces, in your home so you and your child can play tennis anytime you want. To help you make up your mind, here are just some of the health benefits of tennis:
• Cardiovascular health – Tennis is a fun type of sport that involves running and swinging of the racket, which makes it a superb aerobic exercise. During this activity, the heart rate elevates, improving blood circulation throughout the body. And if this hobby continues as the children get older, they can prevent heart diseases, stroke and other debilitating disease.
• Mental health – Tennis not only uses physical strength but mental alertness as well. Your child can improve brain functions through the tactical skills and strategies utilised in this sport. Studies also show that children who engage in tennis at an early stage have high energy levels that could help them get through their daily activities.
• Musculoskeletal health – With regular physical activity, your child can improve his stamina and his joints and limbs will grow stronger and more flexible. Tennis does not focus in a certain body part as it is a holistic sport, which improves overall health.
• Immunity – When playing tennis, your child will surely feel thirsty and he will rehydrate every now and then. Increasing fluid intake and physical activity are just some of the essential steps to improve one’s immune system.
• Emotional health – Playing tennis can improve your child’s confidence as well as develop optimism. There are also studies suggesting that those who are exposed to this sport earlier in life have lower risk for depression, anxiety and emotional instability.